Nuisance Abatement

The Real Estate Services Division(RES)  coordinates Nuisance Abatement activities on the following types of properties:

  • Decommissioned and vacant City owned buildings
  • Vacant City owned land

Nuisance abatement services are restricted by funding to boarding, fencing, weed abatement, trash removal, homeless encampment clean-up and graffiti removal.

To report an issue with a City owned vacant property, contact RES at (213) 922-8500 and ask for the Nuisance Abatement Coordinator. 


Please be prepared to provide the following information:

  • Address of property or Assessor Parcel No. (APN) if you know it
  • Description of issue
  • Photographs if possible
  • Name and contact number for follow-up


nuisance abatement

The RES does not provide Nuisance Abatement activities on:

  • Private property
  • City or tenant occupied City Facilities or lots

Highways, Public streets, alleys or sidewalks.  - For clean-ups of these areas, call the Bureau of Street Services, at (800) 996-2489, or the Bureau of Sanitation for Homeless Encampments or Illegal Dumping, at (213) 773-2489.
nuisance abatement

Contact Information
Call (213) 922-8500 and ask for the Nuisance Abatement Coordinator.